Please Note: You have clicked on a link to a website maintained by a third party and are about to leave the Potatoes USA website. The external link should not be considered an endorsement by Potatoes USA of the third party website or the company or organization that owns it, and Potatoes USA is not responsible for the accuracy or nature of the content of the linked website.
Somewhere along the way, potatoes gained a reputation for being unhealthy, but truth of the matter is this nutrient-dense veggie packs a lot of important nutrients that athletes NEED!
– 26 grams of carbohydrate – essential energy to help fuel your training
– 27 mg Vitamin C – an important antioxidant that can help support your immune system
– 1.1 mg Iron – vital for oxygen transportation (female athletes you especially need lots of iron in your diet!)
– 620 mg Potassium – an electrolyte lost in sweat
– 2g Fiber – essential for GI health
Weekly Potato Recipe
Get one delicious, potato recipe delivered to you each week. You’ll always have new, tasty ideas to surprise and delight your family and friends—even on a busy weeknight.