Request for Proposal From Potatoes USA March 21, 2022
Potatoes USA is a federally mandated non-profit Marketing and Promotion Board that represents approximately 2,000 U.S. potato growers. Potatoes USA’s mission is to increase demand for potatoes and potato products through an integrated promotion program, thereby providing the U.S. potato producers with expanding markets for their products. To further this mission, Potatoes USA conducts promotional and culinary education activities in the U.S. and 20+ countries worldwide and is constantly seeking out new market opportunities for U.S. potatoes and products.
Potatoes USA recently relocated their headquarter office space from the Denver Tech Center to the industrial arts district RiNo, north of downtown Denver. In collaboration with local artists, Potatoes USA is looking to update the internal and external artwork showcasing potatoes.
The size and scale of the project vary by selected location. Artwork will be assigned among twelve different interior spaces and one large mural on the exterior of the building. Final artwork will be showcased in RiNo art walks as well as various art festivals.
Artists should live in Colorado and all artwork submissions must relate to potatoes.
Twelve locations on the inside of the office space and one external section are in deep desire of art. Images of the spaces can be found in the attached document. The outside of the building will need a mural and the internal spaces will need to be on movable mediums such as canvas or desired material. Art can include but is not limited to the following suggestions.
Inspiration is at the artists’ discretion.
- Culinary skills, cooking methods, finished dishes, and meal preparation
- Growing, planting, and harvesting
- Type information including nutrition, fresh, froze, dehydrated, chip, and seed potatoes (no sweet potatoes)
- Potatoes in grocery stores on displays or in shopping carts
- Final artwork on the desired medium for designated space completed by the due date listed below.
- All artwork must be an original work of art, not contain any copyrighted materials, and not contain any offensive
Prize & Schedule
- Artists will be awarded an amount equal to $500 or more depending on the size and number of art pieces
- If an artist is chosen to create their vision for Potatoes USA, various prize amounts will be awarded based on the size and scale of each project.
- Artists must provide a detailed timeline for completion of the artwork as well as its inspiration.
April 1: Distribution of RFP
April 6: Interested artists indicate an intention to participate
April 11: Questions submitted to Potatoes USA in writing
April 15: Written responses to questions provided by Potatoes USA
April 18: Written proposals submitted to Potatoes USA
April 18-22: Individual calls with Potatoes USA to present proposals (if needed)
April 29: Final Decision
May 1: Project Start Date
August 1: All art completed and submitted to Potatoes USA
Firms submitting a proposal for the art outlined should include the following:
- An understanding of the project
- Providers’ abilities/ qualifications for executing this project, to include but are not limited to:
- Firms’ prior experience creating similar art
- Provide examples of other similar items
- A bio of the artist who will be doing the art including their expertise and background.
- A work plan for completing the project, including a
- Additional comments, suggestions, or options to complete the project effectively are welcome.
- The length and weight of the proposal will not be used in the selection process; however, the merit and proposed cost will
Selection of Winners
Artwork will be evaluated upon submission based on the needs of the Potatoes USA. Potatoes USA will select the winners in its sole discretion, based on creativity, originality, quality and execution, adherence to the theme, and overall impression.
Grant of Rights
All artwork will be created for and belong to Potatoes USA.
Each participant unconditionally assigns and transfers to Potatoes USA all rights, title, interest, and/or claim, which he/she now has, or may in the future have to his/her entry (including any and all written information submitted by the participant). Potatoes USA has the right to use, assign, modify, edit, adapt, dispose of, and electronically alter participant’s submission, as well as to reproduce it, in whole or in part, without compensation or additional consent from participant, or any third party.
Submission of a proposal and/or acceptance of an award constitutes permission for Potatoes USA to use, without notice or further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, any participant’s submission, photo, likeness, biographical information, and statement in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes.
Proposals/questions should be forwarded to:
Blair Richardson, Chief Executive Officer Potatoes USA
3675 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80216
Phone: (303)369-7783 | E-mail: [email protected]
Affirmative Action Statement
Potatoes USA does not discriminate in its programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs and marital or family status.