Apple spiced mashed potato cake:
1. Gather all ingredients and equipment needed.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or butter parchment paper lined 9-inch cake pan or 7-inch loaf pan.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer or spatula, until light, fluffy, and well combined.
5. Mix in eggs, one at a time till well incorporated.
6. Fold in applesauce, apples, and mashed potatoes.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently stir or mix until fully incorporated.
8. Pour cake batter into the prepared baking dish.
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Cream cheese frosting:
10. In a bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or bowl and spatula, cream butter until smooth.
11. Add cream cheese and cream until light and fluffy.
12. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.