- First, be sure to wash the potatoes really well and pat dry.
- Now you’ll need to cook the potatoes. I suggest boiling or steaming them as the healthiest options. I used my Instant Pot and cooked them for 30 minutes on the manual setting at high-pressure, but you could also bake them or slow-cook them if you wish too.
- Let the potatoes cool for about 5 minutes (or put them in the fridge overnight and make them the next day).
- Then chop them into cubes, leaving the skins on since they add more nutrition; add the cubes of potatoes to the blender, and add the broth and liquid smoke.
- Add the pepper and put the lid on the blender. If you have a Vitamix, you’ll need the tamper.
- Pulse the potatoes on a low-medium setting (using the tamper if you have a Vitamix) until you have a thick and creamy batch of potatoes. I left some chunks in my recipe since I prefer my potatoes with some texture, but you can cream them up a bit more if you prefer.
- To serve, scoop even amounts of the potatoes into two bowls, add a pinch of tarragon to the top of each dish, a sprinkle more pepper if you like, and enjoy.
If you don’t have a Vitamix or another type of high-speed blender, just put the potatoes in the food processor instead of a blender since a household blender will not work.
You can also add 1 Tablespoon of tahini to this recipe pre-mixing for a savory flavor and more protein and healthy fats, or top the potatoes with hummus or an oil-free vegan gravy if you prefer.