1. Gather all ingredients and equipment needed.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
Potato chip shortbread crust.
3. In a blender or food processor, add shortbread, and potato chip and blend until fine crumbles. Place in a bowl and add powdered sugar and cinnamon and whisk together.
4. Melt butter and add to the crumble mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
5. In a parchment paper lined 9-inch cake round, grease sides with oil spray or butter and spread potato chip shortbread crumbles and press evenly.
6. In a bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add cream cheese and lemon zest, and mix until smooth.
7. Add sugar and continue to mix, scrap well, then slowly add heavy cream and mix. Scrape well.
8. Add eggs in small increments, incorporating well after each addition. Scrape the bowl and paddle well.
9. Add sour cream, half and half, and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
10. Pour cheesecake batter into the prepared 9-inch cake round with potato chip shortbread crust.
11. Place in a hot water bath.
12. Bake in preheated oven at 325°F (162°F) for 1 ½ hours or until the center is firm.
13. Remove the cheesecake from the hot water batch and let it cool and refrigerate.
Apple caramel topping:
14. In a frying pan or skillet, add butter and diced apples and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
15. In a small pot add sugar and water, on medium-high heat melt sugar and caramelize.
16. Add butter while stirring constantly.
17. Add warmed cream and stir. Let cool slightly
18. Add sauteed apples and fold until mixed.
19. Release the cheesecake from the cake round and place it on serving platter or dish and add apple caramel on the top. Slice and serve.