When you receive the potatoes, store them at room temperature, ideally in your storeroom. Do not refrigerate the potatoes.
Same day service cooking directions
Sanitize work area with sanitizing solution. Wash hands before food preparation.
- Clean red potatoes with a scrub brush and water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Line a pan with parchment and spray with pan release spray
- Cut each potato into 608 wedges. You may also cut the potatoes using a wedger
- In a large bowl, combine 1 bag of cut potatoes, ¼ cup oil, 1 ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a single layer on prepared sheet pan
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tender and golden. Halfway during baking , stir potatoes so they will be evenly browned.
- To test the tenderness of the potato, stick a paring knife into the wedge, wedge should be pierce easily.
- Potatoes can be held in the warmer to serve immediately or chilled to be served cold on the salad bar or with dips.
- Grades K-3 Serving is 1/2 potato, 3-4 wedges Grades 4-12 Serving is 1 potato, 6-8 wedges.
You may also like: Roasted Potatoes with Bacon & Parmesan