1. Gather all ingredients and equipment needed.
2. In a large pot, add enough vegetable oil to fill halfway and heat up to 300°F (148°C).
3. Rinse potatoes. Slice potatoes into sticks (French fry shape) and hold in cold water. Drain potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Gently places sliced potatoes into hot oil for 3 minutes. Then using a slotted spoon or skimmer, take oil-blanched potatoes out and place them on a baking sheet or large plate. Place potatoes into oil in batches. Do not overcrowd the pot.
5. Then turn up the heat for the oil to get to 350°F (176°C). and in batches place potatoes into hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until light golden brown in color and crispy. Remove fries and shake excess oil, and salt generously.
6. Right before serving, in a small pan, add butter, parsley, thyme, and garlic and heat up until aromatic. Then drizzle over pommes frites.
1. Let the steak rest for 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat the olive oil. Once it starts to smoke add the steaks to the skillet. Sear on all sides until they have a golden-brown crust. Add the butter and let melt in the skillet. Add in the garlic and fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and let them cook until they reach the desired internal temperature (medium rare – 130°F – 140°F (54.4°C – 60°C)). Spoon the herb-infused butter over the steak while they are cooking.
4. Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.