1. Gather all ingredients and equipment needed.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
3. Rinse and pat dry potatoes, peel, and dice then hold on in cold water.
4. In a large pot, add diced peeled potatoes and add cold water to cover the potatoes. Turn on the heat to high and bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
5. Drain water, place potatoes in a large bowl, and let cool.
6. In a separate large bowl, add mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, relish, dill, tarragon, green onions, salt, and black pepper, and whisk together until fully mixed.
7. Add dressing to potatoes and fold together until fully incorporated.
Crispy potato wedges:
8. Rinse and pat dry potatoes, place on a wire rack on a baking tray, and place into the preheated oven at 400°F (204°C) for 40-45 minutes.
9. Remove potatoes from oven and let cool in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until firm and easy to slice.
10. Slice potatoes lengthwise into thin wedges.
11. In a large pot, add oil for frying and heat to 350°F (176°C). carefully put potato wedges into hot oil and deep fry for 2-3 minutes or until light golden brown and crispy. Using a slotted spoon, tongs, or skimmer, scoop out wedges and season with salt.
Note: keep oil for deep frying potato-crusted beer batter walleye
Potato-crusted beer-battered walleye:
12. Slice walleye into about 2-inch length strips.
13. In a bowl, add flour, salt, and pepper and mix until fully incorporated.
14. To make the beer batter, in a bowl, add flour, beer, potato, or cornstarch, and salt and whisk until the batter is mixed.
15. In a bowl, add potato chip crumbles.
16. Take walleye strips and coat in seasoned flour, shaking off excess flour, then fully dip in beer batter, then transfer to bowl with potato chips and fully coat with crumbs.
17. Carefully place dredged walleye into the hot oil and deep fry for 4-5 minutes with an internal temp of 145°F (62°C) and lightly golden brown and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, tongs, or skimmer, scoop out deep-fried walleye. Repeat until all fish strips are cooked.
Malt vinegar aioli:
18. In a bowl, add mayonnaise, malt vinegar powder, malt vinegar, salt, and black pepper, and whisk together until fully incorporated.
19. Serve on separate platters or serving dishes or plate individually. Serve with coleslaw on the side.