- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Arrange the potato shells onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- To make the mashed potato filling, pour the dehydrated potato flakes into a stand mixer. Heat the butter, salt, and water over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Add the hot water/butter mixture to the potato flakes and add the cold milk. Mix the potatoes until they are just rehydrated, and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice thick layers of the surface of the Zucchini off cut four sides. Using a 1in star-shaped cookie cutter to make the star shapes in the thick layers. Dice the rest of the zucchini.
- Fold the grilled diced chicken and diced zucchini into the mashed potato mixture.
- Spoon 8 ounces of the mashed potato filling into each potato half shell. Top with 1 ounce of shredded cheese.
- Place the potatoes into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F and the cheese is melted and golden. Hold at 140 F for no longer than 4 hours.
For the fun wavy look like the picture, put aside half of the mashed potato mix before adding the chicken and zucchini. Stuff the potato half shell with 4oz of the mixture. Using a piping bag, pipe 3-4 stipes across the top of the stuffed shell then put the zucchini star on top.
Find additional Read Across America Day inspired recipes here