1. Gather all ingredients and equipment needed.
To make the white fish salad:
2. In a bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, smoked whitefish, celery, red onion, salt, and pepper. Mix until mixed together. Set aside.
To make the smoked salmon salad:
3. In a bowl, add mayonnaise, hot smoked salmon, red onion, lemon juice, and dill and mix. Set aside.
To make potato half shells:
4. Wash and rinse the potato and slice it in half. In a large pot, add potato halves, and add cold water until covered. Season water with salt. Place the pot on the stovetop and turn on the heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes is fork tender. Drain water and let cool slightly.
5. Spoon out flesh creating a small boat shape and then set it aside.
6. In a large pot, add oil and bring the oil temp to 350°F (176°C).
7. Carefully place potato half shells into oil and deep fry for 4-5 minutes or until light golden brown in color and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, skimmer, or tongs, remove the crispy half-shell and place it on a baking tray or large plate.
8. On a platter, place potato half shells and scoop white fish salad and garnish with potato chip crumbles, red onion, capers, and dill.
9. Then scoop smoked salmon salad onto half-shells and garnish with crumbled potato chips, pimiento, and dill.
10. Serve with pickled red onions on the side.